Features Added in GeoLab 2017:
We believe that GeoLab is the most powerful and intuitive GeoLab ever!
This major upgrade adds new, time saving features, including the following:
- The ability to handle much larger network adjustments with the new built-in capability of handling 64-bit file sizes.
- A new licensing system that allows the easy sharing of "floating" licenses and runs over a local network.
- An expanded, much-improved, searchable help system.
- And much more!
Features Added in Earlier GeoLab Versions
A thorough revision of many of the core components of GeoLab has been made, resulting in a more robust and dependable program. All known bugs have been eliminated, and, in addition to the core component revisions, many significant improvements have been made including the following:
- The hardware key is gone! It has been replaced by a very friendly licensing system that is fully Internet friendly!
- GeoLab 2001 can now import foreign-format data files directly. Both GNSS and conventional (e.g. total station) data file formats are supported, and third-party developers can develop their own plug-in modules that GeoLab will automatically recognize and load at startup. All loaded formats are displayed in the Assistant's File/Import... menu.
- Network drawing efficiency has been increased dramatically (with immediate scrolling response, for example), and you can now export network drawings to bitmap or metafile formats as well as the usual DXF format.
- The GeoLab Preferences dialog has been significantly expanded. A new option to specify the execution priority for GeoLab has been added, which can improve processing speed significantly.
- GeoLab 2001 now supports network adjustments in local x, y coordinates (XY records).
- GeoLab's Geoid Manager interface has been substantially improved.
- GeoLab's Options dialog has been improved, now providing an "Apply" button so you can see the effects of options changes without closing the dialog, and new options were added to support the new features in GeoLab 2001.
- Station reordering is much more efficient now, and results in more efficient processing of large networks.
- GeoLab's toolbar is now more configurable, as well as more complete.
- Context help is much improved throughout GeoLab 2001, and you will appreciate the new Help on the Web feature!
- Text tabs and the network drawing have a more complete and useful context menu (right-click pop-up menus).
- GeoLab 2001 has a new and improved network drawing print-preview feature.
- The output of data in the User-Defined Station Data Lister dialog is more configurable now with the addition of a feature to specify numbers of decimal places in the output.
- An option was added to the Coordinate Observation Extraction dialog to output XYZ records and the corresponding covariance matrix in the CT system.
And much more. In addition, as with all large software packages, various bugs were eliminated in GeoLab.
GeoLab can do much more than network adjustments. It also performs many related functions including coordinate transformation calculations, map projection computations, and geoid computations.
GeoLab will import data from text files in virtually any file format. This is done through the use and support of third-party "plug-ins" (modules that specify how to transform the source data file into a GeoLab input text file; see File Import Plug-Ins for more information). Any such plug-in module detected by GeoLab when it starts, is automatically loaded and added to the File/Import menu. Therefore, you can import any data that has an associated plug-in.
Your survey network measurements (observations) are entered into GeoLab in the form of specially-formatted "input text files". Because these files are usually named using the file extension "IOB", these files are sometimes called "IOB files". GeoLab provides an intelligent text editor that permits the easy entry and modification of these input files.
The following list summarizes the major capabilities provided by GeoLab:
- Least squares adjustment of vertical, horizontal, three-dimensional, or mixed-dimensional survey networks of any size.
- Pre-analysis (simulation) of any survey network.
- Powerful graphics allows you to view your network and plot or print at any reasonable scale.
- Any number of map projection definitions supported in an adjustment or simulation.
- Any number of geoid models can be used in one adjustment or simulation.
- Statistical analyses of survey network adjustments.
- Intelligent text editor for editing input files, data entry, and viewing the output listings.
- Overlay network capability for deformation and control closure analysis.
- Automatic generation of initial station coordinates.
- Automatic map projection "zone jumping".
- Geoid model interpolation.
- Coordinate and datum transformations, map projections, and other utility functions.
- Import of survey data in virtually any text file format.
GeoLab System Requirements
GeoLab requires Windows XP/7/8/10 or later.